- Measure the interior width and height
- Check door opening widths
- Check for any architectural details that may affect access
- Measure the width of hallways, taking into account any twists or turns
- Check for any architectural details and low-hanging fixtures that may affect access
- Measure your stairway width, taking into account any handrails or posts
- Measure the height from the top and bottom steps to the ceiling
- Make sure the item can fit on and around landings
If your building has a lift, measure the width, height and depth of the lift's interior and the size of it's door opening.
When finalising your order either with our Outlet sales team or online, you will be asked to advise if you need delivery only or delivery and an installation and rubbish removal service. You will also be asked to declare any special requirements that may create challenges for our delivery team.
These may include truck parking availability and parking time limits, gated entry access, narrows roads and driveways, stairs and lift access or services. This information is imperative to our transport team in planning their work.
Our team will discuss an approximate delivery date with you when you place your order and request on site contact information. You will then be contacted by either the GlobeWest warehouse (Victorian deliveries) or our 3rd party transport company to advise of the estimated arrival of goods and next steps.WHAT TO EXPECT ON DELIVERY DAY
GlobeWest uses experienced white glove furniture delivery specialists to ensure your new furniture is handled with care. If you have booked delivery, the box(es) will be placed in the room of your choice. If you have booked delivery & installation, the transport team will unbox and assemble any relevant items in the room(s) of your choice before removing all packaging and rubbish from the premises.
Note that our delivery professionals are not permitted to move furniture currently in your home, nor are they allowed to move or set up electrical equipment or remove doors from hinges.
Before our delivery team arrive, please prepare your home:
- Clear a path, moving any furniture or artwork or lighting that's in the way
- Set existing rugs in place
- Please confine pets to another room or outdoors
- Delivery professionals are not permitted to move your existing furniture
- A licensed electrical contractor is required to install ceiling pendants
- Please contact a registered builder to hang mirrors or attach furniture to walls
Please inspect the goods prior to the transport team’s departure. You will be asked to sign for receipt of the products before the team leaves your home.
It is the recipients responsibility to ensure the new furniture will fit through access points and into the home. If the special requirements of your home/ location were not clearly communicated during the order process, this may result in the transport team having to abort the delivery at a cost to the goods recipient.